About our school
The Treynor Community School District serves a rural area of 100 square miles with a growing student body of over 800, K-12. Open enrollment accounts for about 30% of the student body. A staff of over 100 provides services to the students.
The district is fortunate in having very fine facilities, both from the standpoint of equipment and buildings. The elementary building has had several additions. The Middle School/High School building was completed in 1984 with a new east addition completed in 2000. Two gymnasiums, with seating for 800 and 1200, and an auditorium are included in the facilities. A high priority is given to providing instructional materials and equipment. All classrooms are air-conditioned and connected to the Internet via wired and wireless technology.
In 2004, an addition to the elementary was completed, which included new offices, seven classrooms, a library, a computer lab, and a new gymnasium. Updates were made to the existing building at that time.
In 2008, a high school addition to the south was finished, making it possible to implement a middle school for the 2009-2010 school year. The new addition contains a computer lab, a new kitchen and serving facilities, a new science lab, and several new classroom. There are also new offices for the superintendent, high school principal, the board secretary, technology director and the secretaries for the high school and superintendent. A new board room was included in this addition as well.
Construction on a new transportation facility and high school addition with a fine arts facility started in the Spring and Summer of 2019. Read more about this facility plan on the Facility Construction Update page.