Virtual State Speech Results
Treynor's speech team was ready to perform in 21 events at the individual state speech contest on March 14th. Then, like many events, it got canceled. The IHSSA waited to see how COVID-19 would affect our schools and calendars. This month they offered the option of a virtual state speech contest for any students that were still interested in performing. Five out of our 16 IE students performed at a virtual state speech contest via ZOOM on May 18th. Every single performance earned an overall I rating. In addition, two students were named All-State performers: Duncan Clark in Improv and Craig Chapman in Storytelling.
Individual performance and results include:
- Craig Chapman (12th), Storytelling 1-1-1 - Overall 1
- Duncan Clark (11th), Improv 1-1-2 - Overall 1
- Duncan Clark (11th), Spontaneous Speaking 1-1-1 - Overall 1
- Anna Halverson (11th), Poetry 1-1-2 - Overall 1
- Sara Hudgell (10th), After Dinner 1-1-2 - Overall 1
- Sophie Showalter (12th), Musical Theatre 1-1-1 - Overall 1
Congratulations to all the students for rising above and achieving this honor!