Mental Health Resources
To refer your MS or HS child for mental health services, please contact the school counselor, Danie Floerchinger, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone extension 1116.
Greenhills AEA Mental Health Social Worker is at the MS/HS building on Mondays.
1) Sign a consent to release information between the school and the social worker.
2) School counselor will fill out a referral form online.
3) Social worker will contact parent(s) and start to meet with student during a study hall or other available time slot on Mondays only.
Healthy Homes Therapist is at the MS/HS building on Thursdays.
1) Contact school counselor who will send an intake packet for parents to fill out.
2) Fill out and return the packet and a copy of your insurance card to the school counselor. She will get it to the therapist.
3) Therapist will contact parent(s) and start to meet with student during a study hall or other available time slot on Thursdays only.
Resources for suicide and a hotline that teens or adults can text or call:
Tips for Teens to Prevent Suicide:
Preventing Youth Suicide, Tips for Parents and Educators:
American Association of Suicidology:
http://www.sprc.org/sites/sprc.org/files/library/AfteraSuicideToolkitforSchools.pdf (Page 24 gives practical tips for talking about suicide)
A local resource for families dealing with the death of a loved one:
Boys Town Hotline (1-800-448-3000):
Facts About Suicide and Mental Disorders in Adolescents: