6th GRADE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Mrs. Castle, Mr. Rucker, Mrs. Lammert - Treynor Middle School
Be kind to others.
Arrive to class on time.
Come prepared with class materials.
Enter the room silently - each period will begin with a completely quiet classroom.
Be here - attendance is vital; catching up is difficult.
Keep clean and organized - desk, locker, classroom, hallway, etc.
Keep your phone turned off in your locker - if seen or heard, it will be taken away.
Be responsible for your own learning.
HOMEWORK, MAKE-UP WORK & ABSENCES
- Assignments are due at the beginning of class. If an assignment is incomplete or forgotten in your locker, it is late.
- Late work will receive 10% off the final grade. Late work will not be accepted after the test for the unit has been taken; it will become a zero.
- Students are responsible for getting their assignments on days they are absent. You can do this by checking google classroom, emailing your teachers and checking in with teachers among your return.
- You get one day for every day you were absent plus one additional day to complete make-up work. If turned in after the allotted time, it is late.
- Students who earn less than a 77% (C-) on a proficiency assessment have one opportunity to re-take that assessment to raise their grade up to a 77%. Students are required to fill out and turn in this form before they may complete a re-take.
Grading is divided into two categories:
Practice: homework, notes, discussion, etc. (40%)
Proficient: tests, projects, labs, etc. (60%).
- Sharpened Pencil/Pen/Highlighter
- Binder (ELA)
- Notebook & Folder (Math, Science, Ancient History)
- Calculator (Math)
- Student Companion (Math)
HOW TO REACH US
- Email - please remember that we spend the majority of the day teaching your students. We will respond promptly when we have time.
- Call MS Office - (712) 487-3414
- Please do not contact us through social media - we will not respond.
- We use an online curriculum for math, reading and English through Pearson. This program includes personal study plans, helpful tools for online student work, and tracking of individual progress.
- All teachers will use google classroom for assignments, class announcements, etc.
- Parents and students should check grades often using JMC.
- Book orders through Scholastic, using class code L8ZBB will earn rewards for our class!
A = > 93%
B = > 85%
C = > 77%
D = > 70%
F = < 70%